Entry form here: https://forms.gle/q8j7wY3mU77QdJ5P9
Full Rules and Details
A. There will be no tryouts this year.
B. Contestants must sign up online. There will be no at convention sign ups.
- C. All contestants must check in with the Costuming Desk, even if you pre-registered online. Failure to check in may result in disqualification.
- D. Audio must be brought in on a flash drive as MP3 and turned in at time of check in at the Costuming Desk or emailed in at firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to do so at this time may result in disqualification. See the Audio section below for rules on audio.
E. Please arrive to the main events room at the time given at time of check in. A small headless area will be stocked with water and fans.
F. Fursuiters only. This includes full suits to a partial with clothes (Head, paws, and tail) Ensure all human skin is covered. Feet paws are ENCOURAGED but NOT a requirement.
A. Performances are limited to a minimum of 1:30 to a maximum of 2:30. If your audio is longer, the DJ will fade out at the 2:30 second mark.
B. Audio must be in MP3 format. No video files or other music files.
C. You may submit audio before the con by emailing email@example.com;
Please include your Fursuit Name and “Dance Competition Music” in the subject of the email.
D. If you do not submit music beforehand, please bring music with you on a USB Flash drive to the Costuming Desk at time of check in on Friday. Do not bring laptops, tablets, ipods, or other mp3 players please.
IV. Judging and Awards:
A. Judging will be based on four categories:
- Technique: Precision and strength of movements, sharpness
- Execution: Rhythm, creativity, synchronization with music, and transitions.
- Crowd: How much the crowd gets into it.
- Difficulty: Use of intricate and challenging skills/movement
A. There are two categories to chose from. Novice or Veteran
- Novice is someone who has not placed or gotten past preliminaries.
- Veteran is someone who has gotten past preliminaries or placed in a dance competition.
B. Solo acts should pick between the two categories, while group acts should place according to the most experienced member of the group.
First place will receive a Judge's spot in the next year's Dance Competition. Other awards will be announced at the end of the competition.
Please keep in mind that the purpose of this event is to have fun and put on a good show for everyone watching. We greatly appreciate everyone willing compete even if they do not end up winning the event. Be courteous and help make this a fun event for everyone! :-)
Masks- We will be following what the CDC recommends for the mask guidelines unless the federal, state, and/or local governments have a stricter guideline in place for masks. However, due to the possibility of being in closer proximity to other contestants, we do recommend mask wearing. However, you can remove your mask during your performance. You will need to hold onto your own mask during your performance. Please make sure you have a safe place to store your mask during your performance.To prevent constant back and forth of contestants, we will have special seating for you to start with and return to.