Come and enjoy art created by local and out-of-state artists. Join in by either submitting art yourself, or stopping by and checking out everyone's talent. And if you love what you see, you can even take part in bidding on your favorite pieces for the chance to take that artist's work home!
- Arizona Fur Convention and its Art Show are special-interest focused. All submitted art must feature an “Anthropomorphic” (animal with human characteristics), “Theriomorphic” (humans with animal characteristics), wildlife, or fantasy/science fiction theme.
- All artwork must be suitable for its intended audience, either General or Mature.
- Mature art will be accepted for the AFC Art Show. Mature themes allowed: Frontal nudity (exposed breasts or genitalia), sexual contact, gore and/or extreme violence, and vore. Mature themes Not Allowed: Underage characters, illegal drug use, scat, and water sports.
- Characters that are trade-marked, subject to copyright, or are the character of another person besides the artist will not be allowed to be displayed without permission of the holder of the trademark, owner of the copyright, or creator of the character. Written permission from the holder or creator must be provided, and said holder or creator must be given credit on the art work.
- Any artwork that displays a living person, trademarked or copyright material, or a well-known fictional character will not be allowed to be submitted into the Art Show. Parody will be allowed; though the decision of whether a picture is parody or not will be made by the AFC Art Department. Questions? Send a copy of the piece to the AFC Art Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- No more than one print of an art piece can be submitted or displayed.
- Artwork will not be displayed until the artist has checked in at the Art Table with proper paperwork and the submission fee(s).
- Art will be displayed on stands on tables; subject to change if hanging solution(s) become available
- Art may be submitted all day Friday till 9:30 am Saturday. No art may be submitted on Sunday.
- Each art piece submitted will have a tag on the back that will include the artist's name, title of the piece, and the medium. Forms will be provided. This is a precaution in case the bid sheet is separated from the piece.
- Three-dimensional art will not be allowed to be displayed. All artwork must be flat/2D. 6. All artwork must be mounted, framed, or matted. You will not be allowed to display just a piece of paper with a drawing on it. It is suggested that all smudge-prone mediums are protected with fixatives. The Art show is not responsible for damage caused to artwork by hanging or the art's fragility. We highly suggest matting instead of glass or wood frames, for ease of displaying.
- Pieces may not be any larger than 20”x30” including its framing. Artwork also may not weigh more than 5 lbs.
- Once a piece has been submitted into the art show it may not be removed until after the end of the show. A piece is considered to be entered into the art show once the submission fee is accepted along with the artwork. Once artwork has been entered, the terms of sale (minimum bid, not for sale, etc.) cannot be changed.
- The art show will be open to attendees through-out the convention. Art department staff will be responsible for hanging up submitted pieces through-out the convention.
- Unsold art can be picked up Sunday when the check-out and pick-up of purchased art begins. All art must be picked up by the end of the convention Sunday evening (unless participating in the Mail-In submissions) Exact pick up times will be posted at the Art Show table.
- If a piece is damaged, or other conditions or offers are attached to the submitted piece, these must be approved by the Art Show Staff.
“Buy Now” (Direct Sale)
- An artist has the option to have a piece sold immediately during the show, without going through the bidding and auction process. This is done by writing a “Buy Now” price on the bid and control sheets.
- If a piece gets no bids on it, a bidder has the option to purchase the piece immediately at the “Buy Now” price. We suggest that the “Buy Now” price be significantly higher than the minimum bid price.
- If the artist does not wish for there to be a “Buy Now” price, simply mark an X through the “Buy Now” field on the bid and control sheets.
- If a piece is sold at the “Buy Now” price, it will remain on display until the end of the Art Show, and will be picked up with the rest of the purchased art on Sunday.
- We do accept mail-in art work. The deadline for mailing in artwork is September 23rd, 2016 (09/23/16)
- Mail-in artwork must be sent in at least one week prior to the convention to ensure it would be displayed. Reserve your panel space with your panel fee and completed bid sheet and get confirmation that your panel space is reserved before sending in your art.
Arizona Fur Con Art Show
Care of Donnica Holland & Lisa LaForge
14430 N 19th Ave, Apt N67
Phoenix, AZ 85023
- Mail-in artwork that does not sell will be returned in the same container it was shipped in. Please place your art in a durable container that can be re-used. Please include a return shipping label. We strongly recommend insurance.
- Do Not include payment for return shipping, as this will be deducted from your sales. If insufficient sales are made then we will require a payment be sent in the form of a check or money order. Once this payment clears then we will ship back your art work.
- 5.The Arizona Fur Con does not accept responsibility for damaged art work due to shipping, whether sending or receiving, and does not accept responsibility for damages due to hanging or unsuitable matting or framing. Make sure your artwork is well matted or framed.
- Submission fees must be paid in Cash if presented at con (check or money order if mailed-in). Check and Money Orders should be made out to Arizona Fur Con.
- Purchased art must be paid for in Cash.
- Mail-In submission payments will be made to the artists by check in US Dollars within forty-five (45) days of the close of the convention.
- Proxy bidding, where an agent bids on a client's behalf, is allowed as long as the following conditions are met:
- The client has a convention membership of any type
- The client signs a proxy authorization agreement that is presented to the Art Show Staff
- A unique bidder number is assigned to the client, and is used for the proxy bids
- An agent cannot place bids for multiple clients on the same art work, nor are they allowed to place personal bids.
- 3.An artist is not allowed to place bids on their own piece, even as an agent.
Liability & Legalese
The exhibitor agrees to protect, keep and save Arizona Fur Con from any damage(s) or charge(s) imposed for violation of any law or ordinance by any exhibitor, his or her employees or agents, as well for failure to comply to terms and agreements. The exhibitor will, at all times, protect, indemnify, keep and save Arizona Fur Con from and against any loss, damage, cost, liability or expense which comes from or by reason of any act or omission by the exhibitor, his or her employees or agents. The laws of the State of Arizona and the United States of America will govern all matters concerning the exhibition of art work at Arizona Fur Con 2016. In the event that any portion of this agreement is held to be unenforceable or invalid, the rest of the agreement will remain in effect.